Thursday, January 28, 2010

WTF is a Scrublet?

I follow quite a few of the American bloggers who have access to a completely different range of products to me. One of my favourites is Nouveau Cheap who is all about beauty on a budget. While I can't get to Target and CVS, for example, I do love reading about what she's been buying and reviewing.

Recently, she showcased a cleanser from L'Oreal called Go 360 Clean Deep which came with a pop-out Scrublet. It's basically a rubberised gentle exfoliator. I thought it looked pretty interesting and made a note of it on my "if it ever shows up in the UK" mental list I try and keep.

So, you can guess that I was pretty surprised to find this when mooching around Tesco this evening.


Not the same name or bottle, but it has a Scrublet! I'm assuming it's the usual "let's release it in another country and pretend it's something entirely different" thing that big brands like to do. I always pick up the sensitive range for drugstore skincare. My skin isn't exactly sensitive but the regular ranges tend to be way too drying for me.

This was found in the reduced to clear section of my teeny local Tesco. I'm not sure if it's a discontinued product as I've never seen it before (I'm waiting for everyone in the UK to tell me they've been using it for years!). Maybe it was a box of excess stock or a trial product? Anyway, it was reduced to £2.99 from £3.32.


The Scrublet is a very soft, flexible, nobbled thing. I just ran it over my face and it doesn't feel rough or scratchy.

I think I need to check out the clearance section more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment