Saturday, July 23, 2011

Review: Benefit Femme Metale Kit


Unfortunately, I'm not sure that this kit is available any more. It was sent along by the ever amazing LiAnn of Sparklecrack Central as part of the Giant Box Of Awesome contest prize. I think it was a limited edition Sephora exclusive holiday kit.

This kit contains three exclusive Creaseless Cream shadows and 3 gel-type pencil liners (think Urban Decay 24/7 liners). The packaging is pretty neat, it managed to house everything without being ridiculously bulky. I think it was just under $40.


These are full sized Creaseless Cream shadows! I'm a big fan of these, I've got a few already and they are perfect for my days where I want to wear make up but I'm really not in the mood for fiddling around with pressed or loose powder shadows. I can just blend some of these onto my lid, add mascara and I've got a finished eye look. These are all very smooth in texture and feel a little softer than my individually bought Creaseless Cream shadows. As with my others, these Creaseless Cream shadows certainly lived up to their name!


-Platinum - Silvery white shimmer
-Taupe-Aztic - Pale, sparkling neutral gold
-Plum-ing For Gold - Smooth, glowing plum


The pencils remind me very much in texture and use to the Urban Decay 24/7 liners that I just adore! They have that smooth, gel-type texture that ever brand seems to be putting out these days. They apply very smoothly and remain smudgable for quite some time. It was a surprise to get no black liner, that seems to be the "expected" colour to be provided in kits.


-Blinged - Metallic silver
-Gem-n-Eye - Deep brown/black base with olive shimmer overlay
-Steel Her Date - Same deep base colour, this time with a blue shimmer overlay

Overall, this kit is pretty fantastic. Everything is usable and of high quality. I do wish Benefit would put out a whole range of pencil liners like these, I would like more colours!

No comments:

Post a Comment