Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Review: Anastasia Beverly Hills Highlighting Brow Kit + Photos & Swatches!

Anastasia Beverly Hillshttp://www.anastasia.net/

"Flawless, fabulous coverage for brows and lids. Our uniquely blended terracotta baked trio is perfect wet or dry, on brows, or an all-over eye highlighter. Known to calm, soothe and soften skin our exclusive Balkan Botanical™ Infusion contains rare plant and herb extracts found only in the rich soil of Romania. Open your eyes to how good real beauty can feel." - Anastasia.net

(Click on the photo for a larger view)
This awesome little kit comes with a trio of baked brow powders in 3 shades, a baked highlighter/eyeshadow trio in 3 shades and a mini brow gel. The brow Trio includes a light golden ash brown (suitable for blondes), lightbrown/taupe (a universal shade from redheads to medium brunettes) & a med/dark brown (suitable for darker hair shades). The Highlighting Trio includes a shimmery/frosted white with a hint of silver, a shimmery light golden and a shimmery copper.







Product Swatches:

(Click the photo for a larger view)
(Click the photo for a larger view)

Beauty Tip: "Apply baked brow powder (wet or dry) with a brush following the natural shape of your brow. Apply highlighting powder with any eyeshadow crease brush along the brow bone to create a higher arch" - Anastasia.net
I absolutely love this kit! The brow powders are so soft and give such a natural appearance. I really like the way it makes my brows look. I've tried several brow powders and many of them apply too heavy and then I end up having to go over them with Q-tips to soften the color.. but that didn't happen with this powder for me. I would recommend this if you like your eye brows to look natural and especially if your brows are very light and you'd like to darken and define them. I use actually all of the shades and they work for me. I've been applying the brow powder with my MAC 266 brush and the colors I've been using is the darkest one with a touch of the lightest one (since I have golden tones in my hair). You can also dip your brush in water and apply the powder for a less soft/more defined look. I usually use the brush very slightly damp so i can define the outline of my brows. I finish with the brow gel to keep my brows in place.

Anastasia Brow Powders have a rating of 4.5/5 with an 82% re-purchase rate based on 134 reviews. Click here to view the reviews.
As for the highlighting trio.. I love these. These are my type of eye shadow shades. When it comes to shimmery shadows.. it depends solely on preference. You either love them or hate them. I personally really like shimmery shadows.. especially golds. These are very pigmented applied wet or dry. I usually use them dry.. I like using the white color as a highlight in the corner of my eyes and I like to gently tap on the color and tap it on my brow bone to add a little dimension. My favorite of the three colors is the gold. I've been sweeping a light dusting of it on my eyelids most days out of the week.

Disclaimer: I was sent these products for free for personal review. I was not paid to write this review. This is my honest opinion based on my personal experience. I am in no way affiliated with Anastasia Beverly Hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment