Sunday, June 28, 2009

Review: Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette

I'm sure you've seen this all over the blogs and YouTube, but I thought it was time I showed you this lovely palette.


It's available from here: 88 Warm Palette and is currently $24.95.

Each pan is around 15mm in diameter, just a little smaller than a 5p piece. There's a good mix of shimmers and mattes in here with a few shades having quite a metallic finish or a duo chrome. I wouldn't say all these shades were warm though. There are definitely cool toned shades in here. I'd say it was more of a neutral palette than a strictly warm one. On the whole, the warm shades do outnumber the cool toned ones. Shades range from deep browns to pale cream highlights.

The texture of the pans reminds me somewhat of the 120 palette eye shadows. However, the 88 pan eye shadows don't seem to be quite as crumbly as the 120 palette eye shadows. I don't own any of the other 88 palettes so I can't compare the textures of those. As usual, the matte shadows aren't as crumbly as the shimmers. The metallic shades are very smooth and show up with fantastic pigmentation.


These are just random swatches just to show the range of finishes. The mattes are quite pigmented and only end up being chalky if you add a large amount. I've used the deep brown shades as crease colours and they blend out wonderfully. A light application of those is all that's needed and there is no chalkiness in that case.

I've done a couple of eyes just to show you the range of looks you can create. Everything from soft, subtle for every day to smokey and dramatic.


I didn't find too much creasing with a base, but we're currently going through a hot and humid summer and I'm getting some fading and creasing with anything I put on my eyes right now!

This palette is a definite winner, and I'm finding I reach for it much more than I was expecting.

Do you have any of the 88 palettes from Coastal Scents? How are you liking them?

No comments:

Post a Comment