Friday, October 29, 2010

Review: Urban Decay Naked Palette


If there was one product that sums up autumn/fall 2010, it's the Naked Palette. The internet just went nuts for it! I decided pretty quickly that I wasn't going to bother. As far as I was concerned, I had too many of the shadows already and it just didn't interest me. Yeah, then I actually saw it.

The Urban Decay Naked Palette may or may not be a limited edition item in the UK. It's part of the permanent line up in the US but I never found a definite answer regarding the UK. It's available from Urban Decay stockists (mine came from Debenhams) for £27.00. I hear a rumour that Boots is discontinuing Urban Decay. If that's true, hurry and stock up so you can get your Advantage Points!


In the palette you get 12 almost full sized shadows, a dual ended 24/7 liner and a mini Primer Potion. A full sized Urban Decay shadow is 1.5g, while the pans in this palette are 1.3g! That's a pretty good bargain!

There are several new shades in this palette, but I have thrown away my box and I can't remember which they are! Also, a few of the shades have been in other palettes so you might end up with duplicates. That was one of the reasons why I had not planned on buying this - I thought I had too many of the eye shadows already. Even if you already do have quite a few, it's pretty handy to have them all in one palette.

Most of the shadows have some kind of shimmer. Two are matte and there are no obnoxious levels of glitter. Even Midnight Cowboy and MCRA are missing from this palette! Well done, Urban Decay! As always, the shadows are richly pigmented and smooth in texture.



-Virgin - pale beige with satin shimmer
-Sin - champagne shimmer (I think Midnight Cowboy without the glitter)
-Naked - matte beige
-Sidecar - slightly coppery toned brown shimmer, slight silver microglitter



-Buck - matte beige/brown, darker than Naked
-Half Baked - bright metallic gold with a slight bronze hint
-Smog - metallic dirty bronze
-Darkhorse - rich, dark brown with bronze toned shimmer



This is my favourite end of the palette!

-Toasted - brown shimmer with pink tones
-Hustle - plummy brown with only slight shimmer
-Creep - blackened base with slight teal shimmer when the light hits it
-Gunmetal - deep silvery grey shimmer, some silver sparkles


-Zero - good, matte black
-Whiskey - warmed brown, no shimmer

Overall, this palette is a massive winner. The only (minor) gripe I have is the texture of the case. I both love it and hate it. It feels amazing, but it picks up every bit of fluff and dust going. It's going to look grimy quite quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment