Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Review: Origins Vitazing SPF15 Energy-Boosting moisturizer



This product has been raved about all over the web for quite a while now, and I've been very intrigued by the whole Origins brand, even more so because I can't get it at all where I live.
That was until a good friend of mine ordered this product from the US and offered to get one for me - I couldn't say no. Even though you have heard me say a million times that tinted moisturizer isn't working for me and I am giving up on them altogether.


What the brand says:

This multi-tasking moisturizer handles the vital jobs of hydrating, energizing and protecting to maintain skin's momentum all day. Gives skin the refreshing zing of antioxidant-rich Mangosteen. And adds a healthy hit of radiance that mimics the glow you get from a week's vacation. All in 10 seconds max.  Slip it on first thing tomorrow - you'll look like you eat right, sleep tight & don't have a worry in sight. Best for all skin types.

My experience with it:


The tube contains a white, quite fluid moisturizer. It doesn't look like it, but after a couple of minutes, the product releases some kind of tint to the skin, making it look a bit warmer (which, when you're as pale as me, almost means "tanned").

Let's be honest, the first time I used it, I didn't really like it. I thought it made me look greasy and felt oily, I was very disappointed.

But I decided to give it one more chance before giving up on it for ever, and this time tried applying a very small quantity. Well, that made a hell of a difference!
Now that my skin is on the normal/drier side, but also much clearer thanks to the Oil Cleansing Method, VitaZing works perfectly for me. It moisturizes without being too much (excepted if I apply a ton, you got that by now), it does even out my skin tone and makes me look good. So this is now my "no-makeup day" product of choice, that I wear on its own.
You could also wear this under makeup, instead of another moisturizer, so you'd give your face a bit of a tan before applying makeup.

The one thing I'm unsure about:
The smell. I read very opposite things about that smell, some people hate it and some people love it. But what worries me if that the smell they all described is nothing like the one my product has, and I'm kind of wondering if I didn't get a bad batch. Other than that the product is fine and perfectly usable so I don't worry too much and keep on using the product.
Edit: My product smells like it's supposed to do, I checked it at an Origins counter in UK.

All in all a very good tinted moisturizer for people with clear skin or who want to use this under foundation. I don't think it has done anything to my skin in terms of treatment, but I'm not using this on a daily basis, and I just like how this makes me look so that's ok with me.
I'm not sure it would be moisturizing enough on really dry skin, though.

I'm being brave here and showing you the product apply and nothing else on my face! (I obviously need undereye concealer!)



Origin Vitazing - 50ml/1.7 oz - USD 35. Unfortunately not available in continental Europe as far as I know - custom purchases are the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment