Saturday, April 30, 2011

Review: Primark Prime Of Your Life Face Primer

A very kind subscriber managed to find this in their local Primark for me. I'd had a few requests to review it but mine never seemed to have more than a couple of bits of make up in stock. Mine is called In The Pink, I'm not sure if there are other shades available, and it retails for £3.00. Ingredients are not printed on the tube but are on the packaging.


The packaging type is reminiscent of Benfit's That Gal primer, the twist up tube. The Primark primer continues to ooze out slightly if it's laid on its side, creating something of a mess if I don't use it for a few days.


You can also see the primer has a peachy-pink tone. I had made sure to wipe off all the primer before putting the lids back on, only to be greeted by that lovely looking mess. I'm quite pleased there's a second cap inside the lid though, otherwise it would be very messy! Twisting it up is a bit of a nightmare! It doesn't seem to want to come out at first despite how carefully I twist and wait, only for loads to come out at once.


The primer has a very, very slight shimmer, which adds a little luminance to your complexion. However, even when blended into my skin, this has an obvious colour which I don't like. As I'm a lot paler than this primer, it shows up. Also, no matter how lightly I applied the primer I just ended up looking greasy.

I really disliked the way this felt on my skin, I could feel it as a layer on my skin. I really dislike that feeling. To me, a primer shouldn't be felt on the skin any more than a foundation should.

The packaging doesn't claim to make your foundation last longer or offer a smoother surface for foundation, just that it gives a "dewy, sexy complexion".

I just couldn't wait to wash it off.

For a budget friendly foundation primer, I suggest the ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer for £6.00.

*Scheduled post while Sirvinya takes a break due to illness*

No comments:

Post a Comment