Monday, July 25, 2011

Indie Shopping: ScaredyCatCosmetics 21/03/11 order

Initial Impression: ScaredyCatCosmetics sounded quite familiar when I found them on Etsy, and it turns out I had read a couple of reviews on them from bloggers. Reviews were pretty positive so I poked around for a few colours to order. I was impressed that each eye shadow on offer comes with its own jar art, clearly a lot of thought has been put into the products. Photography was very clear and matched well to swatches I had seen on blogs. It looks as if each shadow has a picture of the product applied to a lid which is nice as not all shadows apply as swatched! Samples are available but I didn't like the look of the tiny vials, so I chose some full sized jars instead. The vials have a very small opening so I would have had to get some empty jars to tip them into.

Order: Full sized jars Snow Bird, Tudor, Keltoi for $5.00 each.
Shipping: To the UK - $5.00 for first items, additional items were free. My order was marked as shipped on Etsy within a couple of days and my order arrived just over a week after ordering.


What did I get? My jars arrived in a postage box, packed full of shredded paper along with an invoice. I've noticed on other blogs that there have been complaints about the excessive shipping. With the odd shaped jars, I don't think bubble envelopes would work.


How cute are the jars? Each one has been designed to match the colour and name of the shadow inside. One side of the triangular jar is left free so you can see inside the jar. The name and ingredients are on a label on the bottom. There is a sifter included but I have removed mine, unfortunately this makes the jars quite messy. These are flat sifters and sit flush with the top of the jar so there is no well for your shadow to sit in. You could tap some on to the back of your hand but I find this wasteful. The opening is a little narrower than a usual 5g jar but I have no problems getting my eye shadow brush inside.


-Keltoi - Golden green shimmer with olive tones.
-Tudor - Smokey purple shimmer.
-Snow Bird - Shimmery blue with silvery sparkles.

These are really nicely pigmented and apply so smoothly. I just feel these colours have been put together really well, they just work! I apply over primer, they work better over something like Pixie Epoxy (but I always use that for mineral eye shadow these days!).

Would I order again? Um, I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment