Thursday, July 21, 2011

NOTD: Revlon Top Speed Nail Polish in the shade Cloud!

Two (2) Coats of Revlon Top Speed Nail Polish in Cloud and One (1) Coat of Seche Vite Top Coat

Revlon Cloud is a pastel lavender blue. It does differ on certain skintones, but on my hands the color appears a little more lavender than it does blue (although you can't tell much from the photos). I was looking for more of a powder blue, but I think this polish is very pretty regardless. It really brighten up my hands.

I like Revlon's Top Speed Nail Polishes for a few reasons. They have a good selection of trendy colors, the lasting power is pretty good - I don't find it that it chips as easy as other low end drugstore polishes, they have a shiny finish and they are inexpensive (typically $3.99). Although I'm not a huge fan of the soft, plastic-like feel they have. I can get over it though.

The particular formula of this one isn't bad, but it isn't the greatest. Based on some reviews, some thought the formula was too thick. I really didn't find it to be thick. It's pretty sheer (and streaky) with one coat, and evens out pretty well by the second coat. I did find that on a couple of my nails, it looks like I have ridges (you can notice it on my ring finger in the photos), which would of probably been evened out by a third coat.

I do think this color is pretty awesome and flattering on most skin tones. I really don't think the pictures do the shade justice. It's prettier in person.

Speaking of blues, have any favorite blues you can recommend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment