Friday, May 22, 2009

Barry M Event and London Roundup!!

After a very hectic couple of days, I've now got some time to sit and blog. I'll be doing a vlog tomorrow probably as today my skin is having its usual "post travel" freak out. I'm a bit red and blotchy right now, not exactly good for a video. But, I've stuck on the new Tori Amos album that arrived today and I'm going to tell you all about the last few days.

So, as you probably know, I went down to London to attend the Barry M event they held to announce the launch of the M Club and to show their very first TV advert.

As I live in rural Lincolnshire, getting down to London is never easy. A round trip involves 2 busses and 4 trains. My first train was delayed due to a lightning strike. Not too bad, but on getting to the station to change to the London train I discovered it had actually been cancelled. Great. Twenty minutes later I'd managed to get onto a new train due in about 5 minutes. A quick look at the departure board had me frantically phoning Sophie, asking if she was due to stop at Peterborough in a few minutes and what carriage she was on. I went the rest of the way to London chatting away with Sophie. We'd been due to meet at King's Cross anyway.

So we then met up with Rebecca (Panda) and Kelly (Happy1234) at King's Cross before heading down to the delight that is the London Underground network. We'd arranged to meet up at the Boots at Picadilly before heading to the event.


It was held at Madame Jojo's, an absolutely amazing venue. I would love a night out there! There were so, so many people there. I barely got to talk to anyone I wanted to. We were greeted with drinks at the bar, cupcakes and sweets at the tables.


I got to meet the man himself! Mr Barry M!!

During the event they announced the launch of the M Club which will be a huge networking site for all make up addicts. It won't be in any way only for Barry M. It goes live very soon so I will be letting you in on details as soon as it launches! We also saw the new TV advert which I will add to the bottom of this entry. Very different to the usual adverts, I think you'll agree.

Then there was the colour challenge! Five people sat as models then 5 of us applied make up to them. We were told "bright and colourful!". Each seat had a table covered in Barry M make up which was so much fun to use. I applied a bright pink and lilac look to Sophie. She instructed me to add as much glitter as possible. The amazingly talented Sam (one half of Pixiwoo) won the challenge.

It was great to meet up again with a lot of the ladies who had attended the Body Shop event, plus I met Sam from Pixiwoo, and very briefly Richie Nickel, Pinksealight and magpiesparkles. As I said, it was way too busy to talk to many people.

Barry M were generous with the goodie bags! I'll save that for another post. I'm afraid the bag got given away quite quickly. It was too bulky to cart around London along with my backpack. Before we all left, Oxfordjasmine and I got grabbed for a quick interview on camera. Not sure what that was all about or where it will end up. Neither of us really knew what to say so it all got a bit giggly.

Someone took a photo of everyone outside. If this is your photo then let me know so I can credit you!



We then all pretty much scattered. A huge group of us walked over to Covent Garden before completely filling the MAC store down Neal Street. We really packed out the place. I did have to get a photo under the giant sparkly Priscilla shoe.


You can see the goodie bag. We then all filtered out. Jasmine, Sophie, Natalya and I went to Charles Fox before going to the Maple Leaf bar for a quick drink and bite to eat.

Then Jasmine and I ended up down Oxford Street after waving goodbye to Sophie and Natalya. We had a wonderful wonder in and out of various department stores and Superdrug just enjoying make up shopping with another addict. A great deal of time was spent in Selfriges but by that point we were getting to the "my feet hurt, feed me!" stage.

We went back over to Covent Gardens and after some debate, ended up back at the same Chinese place in China Town that we ate at last time. Jasmine's reasoning was that we were knackered and we already knew it was good.


And it was.

Then we had to get the coach back to Oxford, but not before stocking up on Sleek at Victoria. An hour and a half later (and gone midnight), I told Jasmine to just throw some leaves over me as I fell out of the bus and come back for me in the morning. She wouldn't let me get away with that :P.



I almost forgot! If you attended the event and have blogged/vlogged about it then please, please either post the link in the comments or email it to me. I'd love to read about how your day went.

No comments:

Post a Comment