Thursday, May 21, 2009

Review: Coastal Scents Gel Liner "True Black"

Since so many of you had requested I review the gel liners from Coastal Scents, I made sure I got one for you! I chose "True Black" as black is a fairly standard eye liner colour that I'm going to always wear.


These are $6.95 each and there are currently 14 shades available. There are currently 238 reviews on Coastal Scents so this is clearly quite a popular product!

This is a very soft and creamy gel liner, so soft that I have to be careful about sticking my brush in the jar. This actually makes my MAC Fluidlines seem like solid little rocks in comparison. Although my "Blacktrack" is now a solid little rock. Anyway, this is an intensely black liner. Very black. This means that you will only need a very small amount for both eyes. The softness helps to sweep the liner over my lid with no tugging. I currently use a fine, pointed brush to apply my gel liner.

On me, this gel liner will last all day without any issue. It's still as deeply black as it was when I applied it by the end of the day. No smearing or fading on me, but I'm well trained not to put my hands anywhere near my eyes! However, on those with oily lids, you may wish to set this with a black eye shadow. I'm not sure if there would be a problem with smearing but from reading around, it's a very common issue for those with oily lids who use gel liner.


Normally I would photograph a product before using it, but I was very eager to get stuck in since I knew this would be the review you would all be wanting!! Naturally, I anticipated what I thought would be the most commonly asked question! So here it is compared to "Blacktrack". One layer of each.

Just one other comment I would like to make. I've mentioned previously that my "Blacktrack" is drying up and needs replacing. I've decided not to. I'll be using the gel liner from Coastal Scents instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment