Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Video: School Make Up

Here's the first of my Blogtv series! More is explained in the video about what that all means.

So, the first one I did was make up that you can wear to school. At this time of year this is my most popular request which is one of the reasons I did this one first. I had the colours picked out already. Before getting on to the make up, I thought I'd go through a few important points about school make up.

-School Rules - Seriously, pay attention. If your school rules are very clear that you are not to wear make up then leave it for home. School's stressful enough, leave the fun colours for when you won't get into trouble for wearing them.

-Foundation - So many young women (how old am I sounding right now!) cake on layers of heavy foundation, whether it's to cover acne or not, and it's just no good at all for your skin. Better yet is a tinted moisturiser which will give coverage without caking. Alternatively, use a mineral foundation. However I'm aware the loose powder of mineral foundations can be daunting especially if you're rushing in the morning.

-Colour - Keep it toned down for school. You want to enhance for a school look, not overwhelm. Again, leave the brights for home! I've kept this look to a couple of soft shades of champagne and brown. Go deeper if your skintone is deeper than mine. Keep the shimmer and frost down as well. I've used a shimmer on my lid and a more satin shade to add depth to my crease. Also, the liner and mascara are tones of brown. Black would look far too harsh for a school look on my skintone. The colour on the cheeks is kept to a minimal, natural looking flush. Lips are either just a shade or two deeper than your natural lip colour, or clear gloss.


Here I recreated the look from my video as the photos I took when I recorded just weren't good enough for me. While I wear liquid foundation on the video (HD can be a curse sometimes!), I have changed to a mineral foundation for the pictures.

Used:
-L'Oreal True Match foundation "Ivory Rose" (video)
-Chri Ma Luxe Minerals foundation "Jasmin Rose" (photo)
-ELF Under Eye Concealer "Light"
-ELF Complexion Perfection
-Bee Luscious Shadow Magnet "Light"
-Lumiere Minerals pigment "Cafe Latte" over lid
-Lumiere Minerals pigment "Bon Bon" in crease
-MAC Shadow "Jete" as highlight
-Rochas Eye Liner "Brown"
-Max Factor Waterproof Mascara "Black/Brown"
-ELF Minerals Blusher "Coral"
-ELF Minerals Lipstick "Rosy Raisin"

No comments:

Post a Comment