Thursday, April 29, 2010

Last Monday's Look: J.Crew Ginny Dress + Banana Sweater + Jimmy Choo Sandals

This past Monday was a special occasion so I looked to my trusty classics from Banana, J.Crew and Jimmy Choo for my outfit. For makeup, I stuck with my tried-and-true products to go for a soft glowy minimalist look. I used more makeup than usual, so the look required a lot of blending, mixing and even more blending, but I was happy with the result.


Outfit:
J.Crew Ginny Dress in White
J.Crew Skinny Patent Belt
Banana Republic Cardigan
Jimmy Choo Watersnake Sandals
Louis Vuitton Sonatine
LV Sweet Flowers Bandeau in Pink


Face:

Chanel Sunkissed on cheeks to add a glow to the skin
Edward Bess Daydream Bronzer to contour
Bobbi Brown Maui Illuminating Bronzer as blush

Eyes:
Laura Mercier Gold Metallic as a base
Bobbi Brown Seashell Shimmerwash Eyeshadow
Bobbi Brown Bronze Gel Liner smudged
Edward Bess Mystery + Escape layered on top
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara

Lips:
Trish McEvoy Baby Pink Chubby Pencil
Le Metier de Beaute Cannes + Bondi Beach mixed


A few more photos, just for fun:



I know I don't have a photo to show you, but I really liked the eye look. I used the BB Bronze gel liner smudged along the upper lash line and applied Mystery directly on top. I applied Escape over Mystery which gave it a nice copper sheen without being too warm since the Mystery was applied first.

I wanted to use a thicker more contrasted belt for the dress, but was worried about staining the white dress with the brown ones I have. Time to go shopping for some better quality belts. Do you have any favorite brands? All mine are either J.Crew or Banana Republic.

Some have expressed mixed feelings about the swatches, if I you want them, let me know and I'll try to do them and update the post, otherwise - I'm sure I've featured most of the products used in the look in previous posts and have swatches, it'll just take a bit of searching.

For reference, I'm 5'3". The J.Crew Dress is a Size 2, Sweater is XS, Shoes are 36.5, Belt is a Medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment