Friday, October 1, 2010

Beautiful Pigments: Sweetscents "Copper & Diamonds"

Wow, have I really not done one of these since January? Maybe I should try and get this series posted on a more regular basis? I thought I'd do another Sweetscents pigment as I've not done one for a while.


I've had a very long and happy love affair with Sweetscents. They were the very first mineral pigments I bought, going on about 6 years ago. Also, the company owner has always been lovely when I've emailed them. The site can be a little strange to navigate but I usually go for the 12 or 24 sample pack found out the halfway down this page. Then on the checkout, you just list the colours you want. The price of $28.50 may seem a lot for a 12 pack of samples but you get a packed full 10g jar of pigment. That's a whole lot of pigment! Samples in smaller jars are available at the bottom of the page.

As I've been such a long term customer of theirs, I have *a lot* of their minerals. Their range used to be much larger so a lot of the pigments I have are no longer sold, including the one I'm going to show you today. I have discontinued pigments, ones that were tested but never sold, custom blend excesses, and one or two that were blended specially for me. I mentioned previously that my Beautiful Pigments posts would probably show quite a few unavailable pigments.

Please note that these are just micas without any additives. They will not stick without a primer or wet application. This is what other companies use as a base for their shadows.

Sweetscents are actually one of the major mineral wholesalers. You can buy up to 20lbs of a pigment from the site. Unlike other wholesalers, they don't have a minimum order value but I don't think you can buy individual samples.


Copper & Diamonds is part of a larger "collection" of pigments. I use the term loosely. It's not quite a collection but there are several "& Diamonds" in the range. Copper & Diamonds is a dulled metallic copper with silver sparkles. In the wet swatch, you can see the metallic finish is really brought out by the wet application. However, when worn over Pixie Epoxy the deeper base shade is more evident and the sparkles are more obvious. The effects of the two types of application are quite different. I'd say the Pixie Epoxy was closest to the true shade of the pigment.

No comments:

Post a Comment