Friday, January 28, 2011

Review: Sleek MakeUp Palette "Storm"

Dredging up another Sleek MakeUp palette from the depths of my palette drawer! This one is permanent, you can usually find it in stock at Superdrug (about 80% of the time in mine) and it's sold on the Sleek MakeUp website for £6.49. I was sure they were £5.99 but then I remembered that VAT has just gone up, hence the price increase.


The Storm palette has a mix of neutral and very deep shades, very good for creating a smokey look! There is quite a lot of versatility in this palette, you can create a very toned down neutral look or a very deep smokey look, or everything in between. I think the other two smokey look palettes that have been released (Graphite and Bad Girl) have both lacked the range of lighter, neutral shades that this one has.

As always, the Sleek MakeUp palettes are fantastic value for money. You get 12 shades for just under £6.50! This palette has 9 richly pigmented shimmers and 3 mattes (including the ever present black). The shimmering shades feel very soft and creamy, they do tend to crumble so be careful! The matte shades do seem a little harder and more solidly pressed. As usual, the shimmer shades have an almost metallic finish.



The light brown matte doesn't have a great deal of pigmentation to it, so it might work well as a blending or transitional shade. Sleek MakeUp's mattes don't tend to have as much pigmentation as the shimmers (excluding the extreme pigmentation of the black), but they do tend to be very smooth and easy to blend.

The bottom row of colours are much darker to create that smoked out look!



I love the first three shades on this row, I wasn't expecting to like that rich brown in the first photo but it's just gorgeous! And there is the ever present black! Sleek MakeUp actually came up with a winner there, it's such a useful shade to have in your palette. I use it for deepening the crease and lining. I was disappointed with the deep purple/blue shade on the last row, it looked gorgeous but applied chunky. I couldn't get it to smooth out when I used it.


Here's an eye look I created with the palette. I used the matte black with a damp brush as my top liner. I love how deep it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment