Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Grow your brows with Castor Oil!

Castor Oil
Castor oil is a highly emollient oil, often used in lipsticks and other beauty aids. Castor oil is the perfect skin care product as it is naturally rich in anti-oxidants and works as a deep conditioner to heal both skin and hair. Because of castor oil's healing qualities, it is often use to soothe skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis and can help to thicken hair and reduce hair loss.  
(Source: http://www.ehow.com/how_2126679_use-castor-oil-as-beauty.html)

Castor Oil for the Brows has a 4.3/5 rating on makeupalley.com, with a 87% re-purchase rate based on 174 reviews. (click here to read reviews)

I purchased my Castor Oil at Whole Foods for less than $5. It doesn't have any real scent/odor, it sort of smells like plastic to me. It's extremely thick like molasses, so you only need a small drop. A little goes a long way. You can use a cotton swab or a spoolie to apply it. A spoolie works a little better for me because my brows are thick, but for those of you with very sparse brows, a cotton swab is the way to go. Apply it every night to your brows, and cross your fingers for thicker brows in the near future.

My natural brows are coarse and thick (my middle eastern genes). I have to trim them every couple of weeks, otherwise the hair would be too long and unruly. I also have to pluck my strays every other day because they grow quickly. When I was younger, I had very large/full brows and at around 13 years old, I shaved them very thin. Although my brows do grow quickly, they aren't at all as "full" as they were before. The hairs never seem to grow in the areas I want them to. Neither of my brows match, and I rely on my side bangs to camouflage the fact that one of my brows is slightly higher than the other. Of course, I fill my brows in, so it's something I always correct, but if they filled in a little bit more, it would be easier to match both brows.

My left brow is slightly higher is also shorter than my right. Although you can't tell because my nose isn't pictured, my right brow reaches the side of my nose as it should, and my left brow is about .5 cm short. The hair doesn't at all grow past that, so I always have to color it in farther, or tweeze my right brow to match. 

Anyway, I'm hoping that with the daily use of Castor Oil, my brows will fill in a little bit more, so I only have to fill them in very minimally. 

I am going to use pour a little oil in a small travel container and apply it to my brows every night. I will keep you updated how well the progress goes. If the progress is minimal, I'll post every two weeks. If I see a difference, I'll be posting every week. So, I'll see how it goes. If you want to keep track of my progress, you can always message me on twitter! (Click here to follow me) 

Castor Oil is a very versatile oil, and can be used for many things. I'm going to try using it as a deep conditioner for my hair as well at least once a week. I tried it out a couple of months back on my hair, and it really seemed to work well. It can be used on any dry areas, blemishes and on your scalp for thinning hair.

Have you used Castor Oil for any beauty purpose? Share your experience in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment