Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The London Makeup Haul


One of the brands I was really looking forward to seeing in real life in London was Becca. Since I do not have any access to it, I was impatient to swatch and get a few products.
Unfortunately I didn't get much help. Charles Fox had the testers but not the products I wanted, and the Becca counter at Fenwick was out of stock of a lot of things, including almost everything I wanted.
So the only thing I was able to get was the Sheer Lip Tint in Laelia.
This is a peachy nudey "my lip but better" color.


At the Shu Uemura counter I was brave and didn't get any makeup. Only a cleansing oil. I've been using the pink one (for combination skin) and liking it but I have recently tried a sample of the orange one (for dry skin) and thought it worked great for me. Maybe because my skin has been drier since I've been using castor oil a couple of times a week to cleanse. I don't plan on using this one daily, at least not during Summer time, but alternating with the pink oil and my own bland of almond and castor oils seems like a good plan.



At Nars I got a few pretty bits : eyeshadow duos in Scorching Sun and Surabaya, and velvet gloss lip pencil in Happy Days.
The eyeshadows are all very warm colors: Scorching Sun is a lovely summery mix of warm apricot and sheeny orange colors, and Surabaya is made of a chestnut brown and a gorgeous brown sugar color I fell in love with as soon as I saw it.
Happy Days is a gorgeous peachy color and I love that those lip pencils are so easy to wear.

The biggest haul was at Illamasqua, as we were so enthusiast about having a makeover there and getting the products used on us.  And I got quite a few!





  • Rich Liquid Foundation in #200
  • Mat primer
  • Powder blush in Hussy (bright candy pink, quite a warm one)
  • Lipstick in Maneater
  • Liquid metal in Phenomena (silver)
  • Pure Pigment in Android and in Fervent (I could have gotten them all, they're beautiful!)
  • Powder eyeshadows in Dameon (scarlet red), Vulgar (bright orange) and Gimp (slate grey black)
  • Lashes #17 which are really dramatic (the glue provided with it is latex free but in my opinion not working as well as Duo lash glue)
I will of course review the products as I get to using all of them for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment