Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Review: Coastal Scents Mirage 88 Palette From BeautyStore4U

Got another one of the Coastal Scents 88 Palettes today, this time the Mirage Palette. But this one is different! It's from a UK supplier of Coastal Scents since you've been asking me if there was one. The supplier is BeautyStore4U and they've got a range of Coastal Scents products, mainly the pre-made palettes.


The Mirage Palette costs £24.95, which I know is a little more than the cost on the Coastal Scents website but at least you won't have to pay international shipping and wait for your order.

The 88 palettes are all pretty much laid out the same. The pans are 15mm in diameter, so they're quite small. But then again, I've never used up a full eye shadow anyway! One pan was broken, but this was mentioned to me before I received the palette and it wasn't broken on the way to me. The 88 palettes come with a good sized mirror in the lid and two sponge tip applicators. The name of the palette is printed on the front and the ingredients are on the back.

The palette has a mix of shimmers and mattes. There aren't quite so many obviously metallic shades as there have been in the other 88 palettes I have, but there's a good mix of textures. This palette seems much more toned down than I expected, there are a lot of beige to brown shades which are going to be fantastic for creating every day looks. But there are a few greens, mauves and blues in here to add just a little colour.


The shadows are all nicely pigmented, as I have found in the other 88 palettes that I have. These are swatched dry over just an eye shadow primer, not swatched with a damp brush or foiling medium. As usual, the shades with shimmer and a metallic finish do tend to show more pigmented than the more matte shades.

While you can create a more toned down look, there's also the potential for plenty of dramatic looks in here and there's the useful matte black which can be used to smoke out or look or used with an angled liner brush to use as liner. There's also a bright, metallic silver which is just gorgeous!


This is a quick look I did with that lovely turquoise on the far right column. It's just over Urban Decay Primer Potion. They last about 8 hours before creasing with a good primer but use something like Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy for the colours to go on really bright!

This product was provided free for review by BeautyStore4U.co.uk, this has no effect on the review I give. I have not been paid for this review.

*Scheduled post*

No comments:

Post a Comment