Sunday, September 27, 2009

My MUA & Specktra Swap Haul!!

I got my hands on some things I really have been wanting.. :) I LOVE swapping.. It's awesome getting things you want and will most likely use for the items in your makeup stash that you didn't like and is just collecting dust. I wish I had more things to swap! I'm such a pack rat with my makeup. I don't use a lot of it.. but I hold on to things thinking I'll use it or want it at some point. lol

MAC Petticoat & Light Flush Mineralized Skinfinishes (click the pic for full view)

I finally got a petticoat msf! I've been wanting it for sooo long. I haven't actually used it yet.. but I swiped it a few times and it looks so pretty. Light Flush is one I was also eyeballing for a bit, It looks extremely similar to Petticoat. I've been using it for a couple days and I really like it. It's EXTREMELY subtle though. I don't think its possible to go overboard with it. I think it looks extremely similar to
MAC Pink Bronze pigment. I always use to take a tiny bit of pink bronze pigment and dust it over my bronzer.. and it really looks just like that. It has the same exact color pearl.. minus the bronze.





MAC Coygirl Powder Blush

Ever since I saw a girl on makeupalley do a FOTD with this blush, I had to have it! It a light powdery pink with a very tiny hint of purple. So far I've only worn it once, but I really like it. I think its a color thats really flattering on light skin tones. I think its hard to pull off light pinks when you're tan. Or at least for me. I found that this blush looks extremely similar to MAC
Dame Blush. I could barely tell the difference between the two except if you look up close at Dame, it has the tiniest bit of shimmery sheen to it. I actually grabbed Dame the other day and threw it in my purse on accident instead of Coygirl. I find that Coygirl is more pigmented.





MAC Smooth Harmony Beauty Powder (Heatherette)

This is a back up. I really like this beauty powder. I use it as a bronzer or a contour. The consistency is very soft, like a powder compact, not like a bronzer. It is a matte bronze. It looks just like the color of terracotta clay. That's the way it will look on your face as well. It's definitely not a golden brown. Its more of a coppery orangey bronze. It really suits my tan skin tone and gives me such a pretty color. I like to buff this into my cheeks with my ELF Studio Powder or blush brush after I applied my foundation. I love it especially with my MUFE HD Foundation.

MAC Creme de Violet & Crystal eye shadow

I haven't used creme de violet yet, but I've been using crystal almost every day since I received it. It like a silvery color with a hint of purple. It looks so pretty paired with a deep purple eye shadow.. which I've been wearing a lot. ;) I think I'm alright on purple eye shadows now.. lol I've accumulated a million.



Physician's Formula Shimmer Strip Light Bronzer in Vegas Strip

This is a pretty drugstore bronzer that you can use as a bronzer, highlight and even eye shadow. It costs around $11-$13 depending on where you go. It's very shimmery/frosty. I thought the yellowish color at the top may be a dupe for my MAC New Vegas msf.. I have yet to try this out. I'll keep you posted!



and, the swatch of the top color on my thumb.. haha


I also received a few other things.. such as samples.. I got a MAC Shygirl Lipstick back up as well as a NYX Circe Lipstick back up..

I'm still waiting on some more items. I'll be posting those soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment