Saturday, September 26, 2009

NOTD: 25/09/09 Maybelline Midnight Blue

I know, I know - another nail post! I do promise I have some make up goodies coming up very soon!


This is one of the two polishes that I received in the Maybelline goodie bag. The other is a hot read that no doubt I'll be trying out at some point. The blue shade was actually mentioned during the even so I think that Maybelline are (justifiably) proud of this shade.

It's a very deep and rich navy blue with a flash of blue shimmer. The shimmer is less evident on the nail than in the bottle. The flash of my camera, as usual, has exaggerated the shimmer. In some lights this looks like a navy cream, but when the light hits it just right, the shimmer looks amazing!

I only used two coats as I apply my polish in very thin layers. One coat may have been enough if you apply with a heavier hand, but a thicker coat may take longer to dry. The polish is quite thick, especially when compared to OPI (which likes to fall off the brush), so it may need thinning in the future.


I decided that this polish would be the perfect base with which to try out my Konad kit! I'd tried it out on my bare nails but hadn't done a complete manicure yet. I used plate "M3" with the small flowers and the white polish that came with the kit.

It was much easier than I thought it was going to be and I managed to do my whole set of nails in about 20 minutes. Once I've tried it a few more times, I'll do a proper write-up.

I'm really pleased with the final look of the konad. The contrast between the navy and the white looks lovely and crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment