Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Beautiful Pigments: Sweetscents "Royal Peacock"

In today's Beautiful Pigments, we're going to see the mineral pigment that sparked my love for mineral make up. This is the very first one I bought. Well, I bought a set of 12, but this was the first one I had wanted from the site.

I've had a very long and happy love affair with Sweetscents. They were the very first mineral pigments I bought, going on about 6 years ago. Also, the company owner has always been lovely when I've emailed them. The site can be a little strange to navigate but I usually go for the 12 or 24 sample pack found out the halfway down this page. Then on the checkout, you just list the colours you want. The price of $28.50 may seem a lot for a 12 pack of samples but you get a packed full 10g jar of pigment. That's a whole lot of pigment! Samples in smaller jars are available at the bottom of the page.

As I've been such a long term customer of theirs, I have *a lot* of their minerals. Their range used to be much larger so a lot of the pigments I have are no longer sold, including the one I'm going to show you today. I have discontinued pigments, ones that were tested but never sold, custom blend excesses, and one or two that were blended specially for me. I mentioned previously that my Beautiful Pigments posts would probably show quite a few unavailable pigments.

Please note that these are just micas without any additives. They will not stick without a primer or wet application. This is what other companies use as a base for their shadows.

Sweetscents are actually one of the major mineral wholesalers. You can buy up to 20lbs of a pigment from the site. Unlike other wholesalers, they don't have a minimum order value but I don't think you can buy individual samples.


"Royal Peacock" is a rich turquoise with intense green shimmer. Beautiful.

The swatch picture shows l-r:
-Patted dry over primer
-Swatched with a damp cotton bud
-Patted into a black cream base.

The wet application is what I usually use for my lids, it brings out the most amazing shimmer to the pigment. Application over a black base brings out more of the green shimmer. The texture of the pigment is very smooth but you do need a primer to use this. It won't stick on its own as it is just mica without additives.

I have a lot more Sweetscents pigments to show you in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment