Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August Favorites


Another month goes away, and with August, Summer is moving on. Here are the things I have used and loved during this past month.

Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen mascara.
Honestly, I didn't like this mascara when I first tried it. I got it because of its traditional big fat brush but it didn't really give me the volume I expected. I was hoping it would give me the same results as my YSL Singulier when I found out I was allergic to it.
I must say, though, that I've been using it anyway (didn't want to waste it) and that I like it a bit better now that it's a bit 'ripened'. It doesn't do any miracle but it lengthens nicely and it's very black. I won't be repurchasing it (now that I'm sure YSL Faux-Cils isn't irritating my eyes like its little cousin, I'll be sticking to that) but it's doing its job.



Mac CB96 lipstick.
I never expected to like this one, I must say I was probably turned off by the weird name. But when I swatched it, I fell in love: it's a gorgeous peachy orange with a pink duochrome, infused with gold. And it's a Frost, which is one of the finishes I like a lot for Mac lipsticks. It looks a bit scary in the picture but I find it very easy to wear and if you blot it a bit, it's definitely wearable even if you're shy!

Cream eyeshadows.
I have worn tons of cream shadows in August, as they're so easy to wear and apply, and long lasting if you chose the right ones.
The products I have been using:
MUFE Aquacreams

These were created for the French Nautical Ballet, so describing them as waterproof is an understatement! They come in a wide variety of colors that can be used on eye, lips and face. Obviously, for non-nautical use, some colors are more appropriate for certain areas than for others.
I own 6 of them that I received as a birthday gift, and I'll be posting pictures and swatches at some point.

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eyeshadows.
I like these a lot, the ones I own are all metallic and some have some serious sparkles going on, but they look absolutely gorgeous. The texture is really creamy and easy to use.


What about you? What were your favorites for August?

No comments:

Post a Comment