Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Review: L'Oreal HiP Cream Eyeliner


For some reason, L'Oreal has completely ignored the fact that the HiP line would be a massive hit in the UK. I was fortunate that I was able to swap for some items earlier in the year and I thought it was time I finally got some reviews up. The HiP stands for High Intensity Pigment.

I can't offer price information or locations, as I simply don't know. All I know is Ida bought these during the 75% off sale at CVS.

Drugstore gel/cream liners are pretty much lacking from the UK drugstore scene. We've got some from Sleek MakeUp and ELF, but I think that's pretty much it. I don't think these are that much cheaper than MAC's Fluidlines in the US, maybe a few $$.


I have two. One is called "Black", the other is "Brown". Imaginative, considering the rest of the line actually does have interesting names!

The cream liners have an interesting texture. They actually feel very solid, especially when compared to something like Bobbi Brown Inks or the MAC Fluidlines. This can be a little weird if you are used to softer liners. I thought that my cream liner had dried up before I got to use it. How wrong I was! You barely have to touch the brush to the liner to pick up enough to line your eyes.


This is a little touch to the liner. The Black is insanely pigmented. Insane. This is by far the blackest, deepest liner I have ever come across. The Brown is also very pigmented and a very neutral brown. There are no obvious undertones to the brown at all. I was initially worried about it leaning to the red as brown liners quite often do, but this is perfectly neutral.

These aren't waterproof but they stay put on my eyes all day long after setting quite quickly. The Brown removed very easily with eye makeup remover, the Black needed something oil based (or a little more rubbing).

I want all the colours available now! That Teal is looking mighty fine. How much is a flight to New York (no, not the one in Lincolnshire)?

No comments:

Post a Comment