Sunday, August 29, 2010

Review: Too Faced Glamour To Go Palette

I'm building something of a love affair with Too Faced. It's always been nestled with Urban Decay at Boots, but I've always ignored it in favour of the more familiar brand. Back in February, while shopping in Nottingham, I picked up a few bits from Too Faced. It was on offer at 3 for 2 and nothing was grabbing my attention from Urban Decay.


The Too Faced Glamour To Go palette doesn't seem to be a current product, but I'm sure it pops up on discount make up websites every now and then. Also, check eBay.

I initially bought this to use as a travel palette as I fancied a change from the MAC palette I usually took with me. This palette is around the size of a credit card (but much thicker, obviously!) and managed to cram in 8 shadows, 4 lip colours, a blusher and a good sized mirror.


It comes in two layers. The shadows are on the top and the lip colours and blush are in a pull out tray. You don't get any applicators with it, but that's not an issue for me as I wouldn't have used them anyway. The pans are a good size, the weight is listed as 0.82g which is just over half the size of something like a MAC shadow. The blusher is 3.01g which is plenty. I'm sure I've got full sized blushers in my stash that are smaller than that.

The palette is made of plastic. It doesn't feel too flimsy, but I'm not sure how well it'd stand up to frequent travelling. I always seem to break something when I take make up away with me.

There's a really good mix of eye colours in the palette. You can certainly create a few different looks from something toned down for daytime or something really smokey for the evening. I especially love the taupe.

However, the shadows are really sheer! This was a surprise as the other Too Faced shadows I'd tried from other palettes were very richly pigmented. Even over primer they were quite sheer. They work best over Pixie Epoxy which does wonders to grab on to every little bit of pigment available (yes, the review is coming soon!).


I was disappointed in the green, I was hoping for a bright apple green. The taupe is lovely with some purple undertones but it really does need to go over Pixie Epoxy for the best effect.


The black is actually the most pigmented of the shadows and works brilliantly to smoke out an eye look. The purple looked lovely and bright in the pan but just greyed on me.


The lip colours aren't too bad. They're nicely pigmented and glossy, just a little drying. I loved the blusher, it gave a lovely flush of colour and it's packed full of pigment.

Overall, it is quite a disappointing palette. I was hoping for more after using other Too Faced palettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment