Monday, August 30, 2010

Orly Cosmic FX- Space Cadet is MINE!

3x Space Cadet, outdoors, direct sun, no flash
When I first saw the promo pictures for this polish, I died a little inside, of pure happiness. It looked so incredibly cool- a foily duochromey polish and now that I finally have it in person, I'm ecstatic.
I do have one problem though- I've never ever encountered anything quite like this, I don't know if I have the vocabulary to describe it.
What does it look like to me? A greenish jelly base with metallic magenta/olive foil-like shimmer. At different angles and different distances from the light, it looks more green-yellow or more blue green. How is this possible?
According to Orly:
"The new Cosmic FX collection from ORLY features six new shades made with exclusive Mineral FX raw material technology, which delivers multi-dimensional lacquers that reflect light in a sparkling spectrum of intense color."
Awesome. That doesn't really explain matters any further for me, but oh well- I love this collection.
So here is a crap load of different polishes in different lighting/coats.

Indoors, 3x, flash


Outside, indirect flash, 3coats, flash


Outdoors, 2x, no flash, direct sunlight



Polishes from this Cosmic collection are more than the regular retail price, $10.
So, what do you think of this bizarrely complex lacquer?

Product was purchased by me, for my own use.

No comments:

Post a Comment