Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cracking Open Urban Decay Primer Potion

Hello Readers!
So it's that time of year again. You know, the time of year when I *think* I've finished up my tube of Urban Decay Primer Potion, and it's time to crack it open and see how much is really left. Now last March I opened this tube (XL sized) so it's been about a year.
For the last two weeks, it's been harder and harder to get get any primer out of the oddly shaped container, so yesterday I figured it was time to cut it open. I used a steak knife and cut it across the middle, making sure not to get any plastic debris into the primer. Then I just scooped it into these handy clamshell jars that I had purchased from TKB Trading.
It filled three 1/2 little jars, each the size of quarter! Isn't that amazing? Ugh, this packaging of UDPP is just ridiculous. I know that there's a 'Pro' sized squeeze tube, but when I ordered one the packaging leaked a bit and it was all dried out. I'm not exactly keen to repeat that experience again.
Now, why did I separate it into three jars instead of cramming it into one? Well last time around that I did this, every time I opened the jar (as well as the air trapped inside) dried the container of primer out very quickly and I didn't even finish my one big primer pot. This time, I'm going to use one jar at a time which will hopefully let me use all of it.

Have you ever cut open a tube of Urban Decay Primer Potion to see what was left?

No comments:

Post a Comment