Sunday, February 27, 2011

Review: Sleek MakeUp Blush "Rose Gold" & "Pomegranate"

Some time last year, Sleek MakeUp released some shimmer blushers to add to their liner of highly pigmented matte blushers which were released in 2009. You can read my review of one of these: here. As is usual, I'm well behind the times when it comes to reviews! I remember blog land going insane when these were released. I kept meaning to get round to it, and now we're finally here!


There are currently 9 shades available on the Sleek MakeUp website, for £4.30 each. Not all shades seem to be available in Superdrug, I've only seen the mattes kept in stock on the stand. You get 8g of product. I do like the packaging used here, it follows the same lines as their palettes. There's no applicator provided so all the space is taken up by the blusher! There's a mirror in the lid and it's not a bad size.


Rose Gold is a pinky coral with heavy golden shimmer. When I wear it, both the pink and the golden shimmer show which was a surprise! The golden shimmer is intense, but not really metallic or sparkly. I've been asked to compare this to Nars Orgasm, it kind of is in the same colour family if Orgasm took steroids. Rose Gold is very pigmented!


I hadn't planned on buying Pomegranate when I first saw it appearing on blogs as it looked so dark but I decided to go for it. I'm glad I did as it's the one of the two that I wear the most! It's a bit berry toned, a bit burgundy with a brighter flash of pink shimmer. The shimmer in this isn't as over the top as Rose Gold but it's definitely there.


These blushes are very pigmented! They do manage this without being chunky, powdery or chalky though. You do only need to apply a tiny amount then blend like crazy! I find that just tapping my blush brush picks up enough without getting too much. They blend out nicely, as long as you haven't applied too much in the first place. It's almost like they stick to one area if you've put too much on. These last throughout the day for me, but fading blusher isn't usually an issue I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment