Monday, March 30, 2009

Review: Bee Luscious Spring/Summer 2009 Palette

After a lot (and I mean a lot!) of requests for more of the palette, I thought I'd get a review up on here for those of you who might not be watching my Youtube videos.




This palette is from Bee Royal Products and costs $70.00, which is reduced from $79.95. I'm aware that sounds quite a lot of money for a palette but I will explain why it's such good value later on in the post.

The palette measures 23cm wide, 15cm high, and 1cm deep so it's a little bigger than a MAC 15 pan palette.

Within the palette you get 16 eye shadows (15 shimmer and 1 matte), 2 matte blushers, 2 shimmer blushers and 2 lipsticks. So that's $3.81 per product. The $70.00 price converts to around £49.00 (according to xe.com on 30/03/09). I'm working in ££ simply because that's my currency. MAC eye shadows cost £9.79. I know I mention a slightly higher price in my video but tax is slightly reduced for a few months, £10.00 will be the price when tax is raised again at the end of the year. So, for 16 eye shadows from MAC you would pay £156.64, quite a lot more!

With the palette you get a piece of paper which tells you the names of each product. I've glued mine to the top of my palette as it kept falling out! Actually, it's a lot better having that loose bit of paper than having the names printed on the bottom of the palette or not at all!

I know I'll get asked the question - "Are they MAC quality?"

Yes, they are. They surpass MAC in my opinion. But then I don't find MAC to be the be all and end all of quality makeup. I can find shades in this palette similar to some of my MAC and the Bee Luscious ones are so much softer and more pigmented. Some of the swatches below may look a little sheer but they're supposed to be highlight, shimmery reflections of colour rather than a block of colour for the lids. They're soft, pigmented and so easily blended. The matte shadow is rich in colour and in no way chalky.

Swatches are swatched in the same order as the palette.




-Charm
-Bullet
-Fetish
-Eggplant
-Yellow Diamond - one of the shimmery highlights
-Envy
-Distressed Khaki
-Morning Moss - the other highlight




-Blue Dreams
-Backstage Blue
-Moody Blue
-Fantasy
-Daffodil
-Washed Denim
-Neo-Plum
-Orange Zest - matte shade

It may look a little bit of a mish-mash of colours but there are so many combination in here!




The two matte blushers are a heavy application.

-Natural Beauty - matte blusher
-Rose Bud - matte blusher
-Coral Sun - shimmer blusher
-Sparkling Rose - shimmer blusher
-Micro Ticked Pink - lipstick
-Micro Flamingo - lipstick

I did find the "Tickled Pink" lipstick very sheer, it only showed up on my lips as a sheer shimmer. I thought both of the lipsticks were somewhat drying, but I will be trying them over lipbalm next time I use them. The lighter of the pinks might be pretty over a darker lipstick to add some shimmer.

So, overall an absolute brilliant palette. It might be considered a little pricey, but I think it's worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment