Saturday, March 28, 2009

Review: Sleek Glitter Eye Liners

I love glitter! Something about it just makes me incredibly happy. I've got a few glitter liners in my stash, but I find very few occassions to wear them. I really do need to make more of an effort to include glitter eye liner in my every day make up. Yes, you did read that correctly, I do plan on including more glitter eye liner in my looks! It can be done if you are subtle about it. A little hint of charcoal glitter liner over black liner is subtle and pretty. Plus, you can snigger to yourself all day that you are wearing GLITTER!!!

Imagine my joy then when these popped into my life:



Sleek, one of my favourite make up lines has bought out 5 glitter liners!! I love that they've not done the usual "bring out a gold and silver glitter, then one or two colours later on" thing that most lines seem to do with their glitter liners. I'd love to see a rich emerald shade though. I have no idea if more shades will be added in the future, I hope so!!

-Steel - charcoal
-Ice - silver
-Diablo - fuchsia pink
-Caribbean - bright blue
-Gem - purple

Some close ups?



The brushes in these are fab, they remind me a great deal of the Urban Decay liquid liner brushes which are pretty much perfect. They're not floppy or too stiff, no bent hairs and the brushes hold the shape wonderfully. Isn't that pink close up just yummy?

Onto the details! They're roughly £3.50 each for 5.5ml. As always, a great price from Sleek.

But, I know you want to see swatches. These are swatched in the same order as the above picture, with one dip into the bottle.



The glitter is suspended in a clear gel. The gel sets on me in about a minute, a little longer if I've applied a thick layer or glitter. The glitter sets really solidly in the gel and doesn't budge once the gel has dried. To remove at the end of the day I just wipe with my face wipes rather than washing off with the oil. I do find washing off with cleansing oil can migrate the glitter all over your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment