Saturday, April 25, 2009

Review: Go Cosmetics Gel Liners

All of my Go Cosmetics products come from Iona Cosmetics as they have a huge range of stock and the owners are just wonderful to deal with. Jude is someone who wants everyone to be pleased with their order, I think their customer service is some of the best I've come across.

Go Cosmetics Gel Liners are some of the most affordable on the market at £3.49 per tub. There are only 6 shades available right now, though there may possibly be more in the future.



The come in a plastic, thick walled jar. The lid has a ring on the inside which creates an air-tight seal. There's no weight information on the jar, but I estimate that they contain a little less than the MAC Fluidlines. I have three of the six colours available:
  • #1 (Brown shimmer)
  • #2 (Black)
  • #3 (Light green shimmer)

My black is drying out a little, but I've had it the longest. It still works just fine. Also, my black MAC Fluidline is the only one of those that is drying out so it may just be that black ones dry out faster than other shades.

They all feel very creamy but the black, even though slightly dried out, feels even creamier. They're almost at the point of feeling like cream eye shadows. I have actually used them all as eye shadow bases. They spread out over the lid with no problems. There was a little creasing from the black one at the end of a 10 hour or so day.

The pigmentation is fantastic:

Swatched left to right:

  • MAC "Blacktrack"
  • Go Gel Liner #2
  • Go Gel Liner #1
  • Go Gel Liner #3

Seriously, yes, the Go Gel Liner is deeper than the MAC "Blacktrack". When I swatched for my video it was the first time I had compared them and I really wasn't expecting that. It may be that the pigment is more concentrated as it's slightly dried out, but so is my "Blacktrack". As for further comparison with MAC Fluidlines, these last just as long on my lids but take a little longer to set.

I will definitely be repurchasing that black one, just as soon as Iona get some more in stock! I'm also hoping to complete my set of six. Since they're only £3.49 each, I think they're well worth picking up.

Oh, Iona Cosmetics ship worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment