Sunday, April 26, 2009

Review: Satellite 3 Eye Shadows

Recently I got to try some products from a brand I hadn't heard of, Satellite 3. A quick google revealed Spaceships!!!!! Make up in the shape of Spaceships!

Anyway, rather than getting all excited over the packaging, let's get into the review (Spaceships!!).



Two eye shadows will fit into one of the Spaceships. You can buy the Spaceship (I'm not calling it a palette, it's a Spaceship!) and two eye shadows for £25. Refills are £7.50 each. The volume is listed on the back of the pans as 4.5ml, quite a generous size so these are going to last a very long time.

The Spaceship is quite large, it doesn't actually fit into my storage. I'm going to have it sat on the shelf so I can see it! The plastic is very sturdy so it's not going to break if you drop it onto the carpet. The refills come in a thinner plastic "flying saucer" which are also quite bulky. I got 4 of the shadows, but one Spaceship. The two extra pans are really just sat in their flying saucers without a proper home.

The quality of the eye shadows is actually very high.



Left to right (swatches as well as the pan photo):
  • #2014 "The Blue Planet" (bold, shimmering blue)
  • #2042 "Cyborg Chic" (gunmetal silver with sparkles)
  • #2017 "Planet to Perfection" (mid-toned greyish brown with silver flecks)
  • #2005 "Sheperds Delight" (pink shimmer)

The pigmentation is great, I did find there was a little staining with the blue shade. I think my favourite is the blue, it's such a bold colour. They blended well together. The brown shade needed a little more work as the base to the colour is quite matte. I noticed some fall out with the silver shade, due to the sparkles.

I wore the blue and silver shades together recently:

Over a base, I didn't notice any creasing or fading after a few hours wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment