Tuesday, July 27, 2010

MAC Shadow: Swish


Pink is a very hard colour for me to wear on my eyes. It's fine on my cheeks: I love a good pink blusher! But on my eyes, it just never seems to work very well. Most pinks I find are too warm toned for my colouring and I end up looking like I've either been crying or I've got sore eyes. Not a good look! So I need a blue toned pink (or one with plenty of golden shimmer for some reason).

The MAC website describes this as a soft bright pink with icy metallic shimmer. I'd say it was a mid-toned pink with a very slight lilac tone. There's quite a bit of metallic shimmer, but I wouldn't say it was icy in the same way that Pink Freeze is. I tend to wear this as a lid shade with purples in the crease. I really have to pack it on though. Not because it's sheer but if I blend it out then it gives me the sore eyes look. I have to put on a solid block of colour so that it's obviously eye shadow.

It's pretty decently pigmented and quite soft in texture. It's one of MAC's Frost finish eye shadows but it has high shimmer, not actual frost.


There's not too much difference in application colour with primer and Pixie Epoxy, just a more intense colour. Some shadows can show up quite differently over Epoxy than they do with Urban Decay Primer Potion. It's pretty true to pan, even over bare skin.

MAC Shadows are available from MAC (website/stores/counters):
-Pro pans are £9.00
-Pots are £11.00

No comments:

Post a Comment