Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Review: Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse









Next instalment in my series of reviews for Nuxe products, the Huile Prodigieuse, which means "prodigious oil". This is the number one product of the brand, the first that was created and on which the brand started building its reputation.

Brand creator Aliza Jabès developped this product because she wanted to have one multi-tasking product she could use on her skin, her hair, and on her baby as well.

The Huile prodigieuse contains 30% oil coming from 6 plants : Borage, St Johnswort, Sweet. Almond, Camellia, Hazelnut, Macadamia. It also contains vitamin E. 98% of the ingredients used in this product are of natural origin.
In combination, those ingredients repair the skin and hair and make them feel smooth.
As I said, it can be used on 36 months and older children.

This oil is a dry formula, which means it will never leave your skin or hair looking greasy or feeling sticky. It has a slight perfume, kind of a plant smell, that is very similar to the one I love in my Crème Etincelance. However this isn't overpowering and doesn't last too long.

I love using this in the summer when I show a lot of skin - I put some on my legs, shoulders, arms and decolletage for a subtle glow and to keep my skin smooth and moisturized, it's absolutely lovely, and so quick to use.
Nuxe has an "Or" (meaning "gold") version of the Huile Prodigieuse that is more bronzy and shimmery and will look good on tanned skin but I always use the regular one since I like it so much and I find its subtle glow to be enough for me.

Nuxe Huile Prodigiuse is sold in 100ml bottles for €26 and in 50ml bottled for about USD 20.
It's on the pricey side but for me it's a must have product and a little goes a long way, so you'll keep your bottle for quite some time.

Ingredients list for the geeks: Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

No comments:

Post a Comment