Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Test driving Illamasqua Skin Base FOTD

Goofy face with glasses, do I look like I'm happy to go to work? haha!

I recently told you how excited I was when I heard of the launch of the new Illamasqua Skin Base foundation.
Well of course, as soon as it was available, last week on Thursday, I hit the order button on the Illamasqua website!
My package was with me on Monday, I was very impressed considering it's international and our post don't work on Saturdays. Good point, Illamasqua.


So today I'm test driving it for the first time (yesterday was definitely too hot for any foundation with 31°C/88°F !!) The shade I got is #3. Here it's warmed up with bronzer because I'm fake tanned and it looked a bit pale.





I'll do a full review when I will have worn this for several days and applied it different ways, but so far I am really impressed: the blending wasn't too difficult, the coverage is impressive, the finish is luminous, and it's still going strong after 6+ hours of wear. Plus, you don't see it on the pics, but I do have a few breakouts around the nose and forehead, and this foundation covers them quite well. 
Maybe a new winner in my book? We'll see...


Other makeup featured:
Bobbi Brown concealer kit in Warm Ivory
Nars Exhibit A blush
Givenchy Les Frangipaniers bronzer (LE)
Mac Constructivist paintpot
Shiseido Hydropowder cream e/s in H9
UD 24/7 liner in Bourbon
YSL Faux Cils in black
Guerlain KissKiss Baby in Rosewood Nude



No comments:

Post a Comment