Monday, November 23, 2009

Eyeshadow palettes organization.


I have something like 80 Mac eyeshadows, all in pro-pan form (or depotted, at least), and I store them in 15 palettes.
Until recently, managing my palettes by colour was quite easy and everything fitted well. But for some kind of colors that I particularly like, my palettes were getting too small and I don't like splitting one color through several palettes because then I tend to forget about some of my products.

So, to break a lazy Sunday afternoon, I decided to get rid of the 15-grid on my Shimmery Neutrals palette so I could fit more eyeshadows in it. And here is the result:

From left to right, Row 1: Nylon, Honey Lust, All That Glitters, Woodwinked, Satin Taupe, Twinks, Cranberry.
Row 2: Ricepaper, Amber Lights, Patina, Tempting, Style Snob, Antiqued, Smoke&Diamonds.
Row 3: Goldmine, Mythology, Sable, Mulch, Bronze, Smut, Vex.


I use the name "simmery neutrals" losely, it's actually a palette where I keep my gold, bronze, shimmery browns and taupe eyeshadows.
It's my favourite ever palette, the one I can't live without, the one I'd pick if I had to keep only one item out of my whole stash.
So, since I love these colors although they're not part of the same range, I keep Vex and Cranberry in there, too. This way I have all my favourites together!

How do you store your eyeshadows? Do you keep them in their pots? Or in palettes? How do you organize them?

No comments:

Post a Comment