Monday, November 30, 2009

November Favourites

Eeek, where did November go, it's almost over already! Time to post my favourites, then!

China Glaze Avalanche nail polish

I love this color so much that I have re-used it several times, which I never do - I rotate my polishes and hardly wear the same color twice in a month!
It's a perfect shade of plumy taupe, kind of Mac Satin Taupe turned into a metallic polish, greyish and purple-ish at the same time. I ♥ it.

Armani Luminous Silk foundation
I know I must sound silly for having a new favourite foundation every month. I guess I just need to accept that even if I find holy grails foundations, I'll still want to try other ones just in case there would be a holier grail somewhere. I love Armani on the days where I don't need a full coverage, I'm definitely planning on repurchasing it.

YSL Rouge Volupté #1 Beige Charnel.
Don't be fooled by its name, this lipstick is actually very pink. But the beige undertone makes it warmer, hence much more wearable for me. I have been wearing it a lot this month despite my infamous love for dark lips.

Bobby Brown Gel Liner in Sepia.
My love affair with BB liners continues. As much as I love the Sapphire Ink I got last Summer, there are definitely looks that don't mach a blue liner very well, so I decided to get a more neutral shade and got Sepia.
It's so easy to apply even I can do it perfectly in 30 secs, it lasts all day, can be worn on the waterline, and the color is a very nice muted brown.

Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm.


A friend of mine has been raving about this product for years. But I never gave it a try because I have noticed most lipbalms actually make my lips more dry and peely that they already are, so for years I have sticked to the one lipbalm that worked fine for me: Louis Widmer Switzerland.
But you know me... I can't help trying new products and I finally got this product, which is full of honey and essential oils, and actually so yummy that I could eat the whole jar!! (It tastes like a Christmassy orange and cinnamon drink, to me). And well, it WORKS. I apply it every night, fall asleep with this delicious sugary taste on the lips and wake up with soft lips.
This is also very good to soothe irritated skin around the nose or mouth when you have a cold.
Too bad I didn't try it sooner!

What are your favourites for November?

No comments:

Post a Comment