Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My new favorite powders: 2 Givenchy Prisme Visage


I have to warn you in advance: one of the products I'm going to write about was a limited edition and isn't available anymore (unless you can find a counter where they still have left-overs from the Summer collection in the back drawers). But don't worry, the other one is in store right now.


At the end of August, I impulse bought the Givenchy Prisme Visage Les Frangipaniers. Don't ask me why, I have no idea, I need another bronzer like I need a hole in the head.
I think I got trapped into thinking it would disappear for ever soon, since it was limited edition, and I was trying to keep Summer from leaving... So I bought it in the shade 2, Island Tan. Shade 1, meant for pale skins, was actually very pink and not appealing to me.

I was really impressed with this product as soon as I tried it!
First of all, it smells delicious! The smell of Frangipani flowers, actually, which is very present in one of my perfumes, Kenzo Amour.
The compact is very well conceived: it has a mirror and under the powder there's a little drawer that contains a large flat brush (that I have actually used when travelling, and it does the job when you don't have anything else handy) .
This product is actually not a bronzer at all, it's a face powder, and I'm tempted to call it a Beauty Powder since it gives a nice subtle glow to the face - I have had lots of compliments on how luminous I looked while wearing this.
I have been wearing it a lot, applied lightly all over the face with my EcoTools powder brush, which is wide and fluffy. Then I put some more in the hollows of my cheeks for a slight bronzing effect, before applying blush. Very pretty.

It's a good thing I was happy about this purchase because this little pretty thing costs no less than 42€ -48USD!
In spite of the price, when the weather started to change and I felt I couldn't wear this color anymore, I felt the need to find a Fall/Winter equivalent to it! So I headed to the Givenchy counter and found this:


It's called the Blooming Prisme Visage, and it's part of the Fall collection.

It works exactly like the Frangipanier one does: same packaging, same application technique, same beautyfying effect - same price, unfortunately. Only the fragrance is slightly different.
Again the lightest shade is very pink and looked almost white on me, I was afraid it would look ashy so I picked the shade 02 Apricot (which is the one on top on the picture).

I'm as happy with this purchase as with the previous one.
Yes, it's an expensive powder but not the kind you use to set concealer or blot your t-zone - just a light dusting all over your face is enough, which means this product will last you a very long time.

This really got me into thinking that Givenchy is most definitely underrated and underhyped, at least for this type of product (haven't had the best experience with the eyeshadow prisms though). Is there anything from this range that you particularly like?

No comments:

Post a Comment