Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Naked face!


How comfortable do you feel with your naked face? This is a question that is often asked on makeup forums, probably because a lot of people think that makeup is used as a mask behind which we hide.

Well it wasn't always true, but I'm now quite comfortable with my naked skin.



Actually, learning about makeup and how to use light, shadows, contrast... helped me learn a lot about my own features. So it sounds like a contradiction but since I've been wearing makeup, I feel much more confident going out with nothing on my face - even though I think I do look better if I can use a bit of concealer and fill in my sparse brows :-)

I also think skincare does make a lot of difference since it's easier to show your naked skin when it's in good condition. I do know the joys of pigmentation marks and surface redness but overall I can't really complain about my skin.

So the reason I put on my makeup every morning isn't that I couldn't go outside with my naked self, but much more because it's fun, it allows me to play with my image and, well, it's my motivation for getting up way earlier than I like to!

I'm curious about what you do: do you always wear makeup to go outside of the house? What's the minimal amount? Do you feel comfortable going outside with your face naked?




No comments:

Post a Comment