Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Review: MAC 266 Brush


I've had the MAC 266 for quite a few years now. Not quite as long as the MAC 239 or the MAC 217 though. I probably bought it in London.

The MAC 266 costs £14.50 from the MAC UK website. It's also available on other MAC sites worldwide, along with stores and counters.

Many, many brands have an angled eye liner brush but none have come close to the MAC 266. I think it's the bristles that make this brush so special. Other brushes in my collection have a very similar shape and width but none seem to apply gel liner in quite the same way.

The bristles of this brush are made of natural hair and are incredibly stiff. They're not scratchy at all but there's very little give in the brush, the bristles are very firm. It's because of this that the brush has kept its shape for so long. It dries very quickly when washed and very rarely requires reshaping.

I use this brush for applying gel liner. With it I get a perfect, smooth line in no time at all. The edges are clear and crisp. I've tried other angled liner brushes and none so far have given me the same kind of application as the MAC 266.

It's such an unassuming little brush, but well worth picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment