Thursday, September 30, 2010

September Favorites


As Fall is most definitely creeping in, I have to look at my September favorites with some regrets, as most were used during my vacation in Italy and are very hard to wear now that I'm back up North. So this month's favorites were all Summery and I'm a bit nostalgic...

  • First of all, a skincare product: Avene Cleanance Moisturizer, which is full of AHA and BHA - it keeps my skin bright, clear and smooth.
  • Of course, between the burning sun and the Cleanance, I needed a high SPF: Avene SPF50 Mineral Milk - which is one of the few 100% physical sun barriers available on the market. It's also slightly tinted so it won't leave a white cast on your skin.
  • Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: almost made me forget how much I love foundation! I didn't wear anything else during my whole vacation, even for fancy evenings out!
  • Givenchy Les Frangipaniers Prisme Visage in Island Ten: I reviewed it a couple of days ago and it's truly a product I have used every day in September
  • Nars smudgeproof eyeshadow base: still definitely my favorite and works great even under the warm weather.



  • MUFE Aquacreams (picture borrowed from the lovely Amy at Cafe Makeup): so easy to wear and to combine, and they have such a great pigmentation. I have been wearing #2 (greyish taupe), 15 (taupe, see picture) and 11 (gold) the most!

  • Chanel Joue Contraste in Pink Explosion: this blush came out with the Fall collection. I would never have believed that I would ever a) buy a Chanel blush and b) like a bright pink blush so much, as I mostly wear peach or pinky peach as not to enhance the redness on my cheeks. However this blush is very pigmented, long lasting, blends like a charm and the color is really wearable and gives a natural flush. I am totally in love with it.

What were your favorites in September?

No comments:

Post a Comment