Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Best of 2010: Top Five Eyes Products

I think I went through a major change this year in terms of eye makeup. I used to wear tons of crazy colors, but I do think now it's a phase you go through when discovering makeup (so many colors! so many possibilities!) and for me at least, things evolved. I now mostly wear neutrals, bronzes, golds and stick to some colors that really compliment my eyes like corals, peaches and certain blues.
I've also learned to appreciate matte shadows as well, even though I still think that a mix of finishes is what looks best on the eye, but I've been using mattes a lot this year.

1. Urban Decay Naked Palette.



Of course I have to mention this one, I think that's THE palette of the year and I'm so lucky I got it almost right after it was released, especially considering how hard to find it is now (even though it's not a limited edition). I took it with me on vacation, I'm reaching for it a lot, it's definitely a good investment if you like warm neutrals.

2. MakeUp For Ever Aquacreams.


These were a fantastic birthday gift and I've been wearing it a lot. They work on their own, they can be layered a bit, they make a great base for powder shadows... I absolutely love them! I think cream eyeshadows are perfect when you are in a hurry or just feeling lazy, and these have amazing pigmentation and fantastic lasting power (on top of a primer, if your lids are oily like mine, though).

3. Becca Enigma palette.

The reason why I'm mentioning this palette that I got recently is because I absolutely love the texture and pigmentation of the eyeshadows, and I think that in 2011 I'll be getting more Becca eyeshadows, and products in general.

4. Mac Mystery eyeshadow.



Just the perfect matte crease color to give definition to the crease when you're not wearing much on the eyes.

5. Nars Smudgeproof eyeshadow primer.


In my opinion the best primer available, as it has a much better formulation and texture than TFSI and doesn't make shadows impossible to blend like UDPP. And it does perform perfectly in making your eyeshadows last. I'm reaching the end of my first tube after I think 7 months of use, and I already have a backup!

Special mention: tightlining technique.
For a long time I thought that tightlining meant lining the upper waterline of the eye. Wrong: it means pushing liner between the upper lashes, at the root, to give definition to the lashline. You can see a very good detailed picture tutorial here. You can use cake liner or regular liner, and a flat square liner brush is the perfect tool for this technique. I can say that if I were to wear no mascara, doing this would almost give the illusion that I have some on.


Did you change your eye makeup style in 2010? What did you like?



No comments:

Post a Comment