Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Review: Sleek MakeUp Palette "Sparkle"

I can't even begin to count how many requests I've had for this review! New Sleek MakeUp palettes always seem to make us a little over-excited! This is only going to be available for a little longer so make sure you grab one if you see it in stock at Superdrug.

Sleek MakeUp palettes are available from selected Superdrug stores or the Sleek MakeUp website for £5.99.


Sleek did quite well releasing this in time for the Christmas and New Year parties. I'm planning on wearing this palette when I go out for New Year. Well, I'm planning to. I'll probably change my mind when I sit down to actually apply my make up!

You're getting 12 shades, 8 of which have glitter, 3 have shimmer and one is matte. These seem a little different in texture to my other Sleek palettes. The three that just have shimmer don't have the rich creamy feeling that other palettes have had in the past. They were sheerer than what I have been used to from Sleek and have a slightly powdery texture. The glitter shadows have a texture very similar to that of the Urban Decay glitters (Midnight Cowboy, I'm looking at you!). A sticky primer should take care of the worst but I also got some fall out from the base colour, not just the glitter. Hopefully, Sleek will be going back to their usual, creamy texture for the next palette!



Cranberry is a very bright pink toned red. Be careful of staining! This palette contains the usual matte black: Noir. However, pigmentation seemed to be lacking compared to other palettes. You can see how sheer it came up, even with a couple of layers.



I think the two purples are very close in colour, maybe the palette didn't need both.

Wear time with a good primer is about what I'd expect from my Sleek palettes. The excessive fall out was annoying though, as was the Urban Decay type glittery texture. Use some Pixie Epoxy with these shadows to help the glitter stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment