Sunday, December 26, 2010

Best of 2010: Top Five Skincare

1. Biorderma Crealine H2O


Really, this isn't new to me as I've been using it for years but it still is the best makeup remover on the market for me and it never irritates my skin.

2. Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Exfoliator.


I have tried lots and lots of face scrubs and I find this one to be the best: unscented, not irritating at all thanks to the very fine beeds in it and it really makes a difference in the look and feel of my skin. I can really tell when I've spend too long without using it as the result is really visible.

3. Avène Cleanance K

This is marketed as an Acne treatment, but this moisturizing gel contains AHA and BHA. I have been using this for several months, about every three nights (not on the nights I use the Estee Lauder scrubs, obviously) to get some chemical exfoliation. This really helps keeping the skin smooth and luminous and does reduce imperfections overnight. On the long term it does reduce little scars and marks as well.

4. Mario Badescu Silver Powder.
 I can't believe it took me so long to find this product! The ingredients are very gentle and natural, and yet it is so efficient against blackheads and so easy to use! I can't think of anyone I know who tried it and wasn't impressed by the result. Definitely a must-have if you suffer from black heads.

5. La Roche Posay Cicaplast.


My official skin saver for Winter, this heals chapped skin within a few days and makes a great makeup base at the same time so my foundation won't look flakey. I've also used it on my hands when my handcream couldn't help anymore. For less than 10€, this is miracle for cheap.


A special mention to the "Lotion Mask"


Not a product, but a method to insert in your skincare routine, the lotion mask as described in The Japanese Skincare Revolution works great and is super easy to do (with any lotion you like). I've been doing it more often lately, using cotton masks bought on eBay, it's super easy and quick and leaves the skin glowing and plumped. I really recommend it and it will work for everyone, you just need to pick the lotion according to your skintype.

Have you tried anyone of these? What products would be in your skincare favorites for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment