Sunday, December 26, 2010

Review: By Lauren Luke My Luscious Greens Palette

Earlier on in the year I got the set of 5 By Lauren Luke palettes to review. I got as far as doing 2 of them and kind of neglected the rest. Oops, I am naughty! Anyway, it's not so bad! I've got the pictures ready for the last 3 and my swatches are better now than they were.


Here we are with the My Luscious Greens palette. It's available from By Lauren Luke for £23.99 and there are currently five palettes available.


In each palette you get nearly everything you need to create a full look (aside from foundation & mascara!). Each palette is set up in the same way: 2 primers, black liner, large shadow, 2 smaller shadows, blush and 2 lip colours. I know some don't like cream products in with powder, but I do think there's enough empty space in the palette so that the worst of the powder should stay away from the creams.


-Nude Slip Primers - I haven't used these from this palette. When I initially used the first palettes, I found the primers to be too creamy and oily for my lids and I got creasing very quickly.
-Golden Fern - Lovely golden toned green with shimmer. A little on the sheer side, I did have to pack this shade on.
-Evergreen - Deep slightly greyed green. Not too much shimmer in this, it would make quite a good liner shade. Careful when blending though, too much blending will make this lean too much towards grey.
-Golden Morning - Perfect highlighter shade to go with the Golden Fern, this is a cream with a lovely golden shimmer.


-Sun Kissed Blush - Shimmery peachy pink. Very, very sheer. With heavy application I could barely get this to show up in the swatch. Shame really as it looks like it's going to be so pretty.
-Petal Dew & Tiger Lilly Lip Colour - Two pretty shades of neutral pink. There's no obvious warmth or coolness to these shades so they work really well with the greens.
-Raven Black Liner - I'm not sure a black liner was the right shade to include with every kit, I think it's too harsh with these greens. Also, there isn't an airtight seal and the top of this liner has started to dry. I had to dig into the liner to make these swatches. That said, it's still a very intense and pigmented black liner. It's quite a creamy liner so it can get a bit smudgy.

Here's a quick eye look using the shadows and liner.


This product was provided free for review/tutorial purposes. This has no effect on the review I give.

No comments:

Post a Comment