Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Review: ELF Studio Make Up Mist & Set Spray


As soon as this appeared on the ELF Cosmetics website, I got asked by loads of you to review it!

The ELF Studio Make Up Mist & Set spray costs £3.50 from ELF Cosmetics. You get a 60ml bottle (2 fl oz) with a spray top. It contains Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E to moisturise and sooth the skin.

It's a lot cheaper than the other make up setting spray that I'm going to be reviewing soon - the Urban Decay version.

To be honest, this is not something I'm going to be using again. This product and I just did not get along with each other!

The spray is really fine so you will get an even mist over your face. However, I really hated the smell. It's not floral or medicated or sweet, I can't place the actual smell. I just didn't like it.

It did actually help my make up last all day. My foundation lasted longer on my chin (where normally I get oily, even with primers). I probably got a further 3 or 4 hours of wear our of my make up. However, it dried my skin up something awful. After a couple of hours of use my skin felt dry and tight and after a couple of days of testing my skin was sore and flaky.

As I would class this as a skin product (rather than a colour cosmetic) I would normally test this for several weeks before reviewing. However, I was forced to stop using this product after 4 days. Your own reaction to this product may be different. I am not normally so reactive to a skin product, but there is something in this that just isn't agreeing with my skin.

This product was provided free for review/tutorial purposes. This has no effect on the review I give.

No comments:

Post a Comment