Thursday, December 30, 2010

L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion.. Have you tried it? What do you think? My results + photos!

My best friend has been complaining about how terrible this mascara is.. and I haven't tried a mascara with the type of wand this particular one has so I asked her if I could give it a try. I already had on a coat of my Covergirl Lash Blast.. but I applied this over that. Right away my lashes were thick and clumped together. Quickly, I grabbed my Tweezerman Lash Comb and combed out the clumps. I applied two coats and combed my lashes through. And wow! I had some major volume. My friend said I could keep it.. so I was thrilled. When I went out that night, I got asked if my lashes were real.. and then I went into a whole mascara conversation with the sales clerk. Lol I didn't have any smudges or flakes by the end of the night.

I did the same thing today as well and I loved the results again.. I love that you can get the corners very well and that you can build so much volume so quick!

I haven't tried this mascara on its own.. and I'm not too sure if I will. But, I know I will continue using this as a layering mascara to build very dark, voluminous lashes.

This mascara has a TERRIBLE rating on makeupalley.com (Currently 2.6/5 stars with a 34% buy back rate based on about 400 reviews). The main thing raters say is that it's very clumpy.. I think a metal lash comb is the way to go.. It's definitely a must have if you're a fan of thick lashes..
Here were my results today. I didn't go too thick. I applied one coat of Covergirl Lash Blast and one coat of Telescopic Explosion.
So I'm curious. Have you tried this mascara? What did you think??


No comments:

Post a Comment