Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Best of 2010: Top Five Nailpolishes

The thing with nailpolish is that they're really fun, and rather cheap (at least compared to high end makeup, and if you can buy it on the web when you're European) so I did get quite a lot of new colors during the past months and found it hard to pick just five!

1. OPI Absolutely Alice


This came out in Spring with the Alice in Wonderland collection. This is basically glitter in a blue base and it does look fantastic on the nails (2 or 3 coats, though) but is very difficult to remove. (I know there are apropriate methods but they're time consuming and I'm lazy). So I tend to wear this on one finger, on top of a regular nailpolish, rather than on it's own.


2. Essie Playa del Platinum.


This one nourishes my passion for greige (in the true meaning of the word, greige being a greyish beige and definitely not a taupe - I've never seen a greige mole!), I find it very elegant and it's definitely trendy though not wearable for everyone in my opinion.

3. Essie Merino Cool

 This one was mistaken for Chanel Paradoxal by a Chanel SA. Can you tell it's a winner?

4. Essie Sew Psyched.

Yes, I've been into Essie this year! Sew Psyched was a color I was really unsure about, in fact I didn't plan on getting it, but then I was offered it as a compensation for another nailpolish that had gone lost during shipping, and I was very surprised to find out I really like the color! I was afraid it would give a sick look but it doesn't at all.

5.OPI Ski Teal We Drop


This one is part of the Swiss collection and it's just the most beautiful teal color I've seen. It's actually what I hoped OPI Suzy Says Feng-Shui would be and although I do like that one, this teal is absolutely gorgeous, modern and elegant - definitely a favorite.

What did you like wearing on your nails this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment