Monday, December 27, 2010

Best of 2010: Top Five Face Products

Before we start, I have to say that Nars Sheer Glow is always my HG foundation and that I've been wearing it all year long (I even own it in 3 different shades because I can't live without it!). However it was in my 2009 favorites already and I thought it was more interesting to mention products I discovered or started using more in 2010, so I'm not mentioning it in this Top 5.
Also I can definitely say that, after a lot of foundation disasters in 2009, this year brought mostly great findings so I do mention quite a lot of foundations.


1. Mac Strobe Cream.

My most used higlighter because I find it very versatile (works under makeup or on top of it, can double as a moisturizer), I love the effect it gives on the skin, and I love its cucumber smell! In the Summer it works great for shoulders or collar bone higlighting as well.
I'm seeing the end of my tube and will definitely be repurchasing!


2. Clarins Everlasting Foundation. 
This was as excellent surprise, the first foundation that really lasts 12 hours on my skin without budging, even though I don't wear a primer underneath. This lives up to its name! The packaging and formula are really nice too and the coverage is medium. My must-have for the longest days in my week.

2. Biotherm Aquaradiance Light!

This one is my perfect Summer foundation: better coverage than moisturizer yet a very light feeling and a sheer, natural result. I'm a bit worried, though, because it looks like Biotherm makeup isn't available anymore in my area or at least not as widely as it used to be. Which means I have another Summer worth of product in the current bottle but would then have to find a replacement, which I'm really sad about.

3. Diorskin Nude and Diorskin Nude Freshglow Powder foundations.



Yes, that's 2 products, I'm cheating. Sue me :)
These were also nice surprises. I had tried Diorskin Nude over a year ago and hated it (to the point that I now wonder if I was sampled the right product when I tried it) now I absolutely love that 020 is a perfect match for my Winter skin and that it's buildable enough to hide most of my cheek redness. It's also very long-lasting.
The powder version is brilliant for Summer, on its own or on top of a tinted moisturizer. I like that the finish isn't flat matte so it looks really natural.

4. Givenchy Le Prisme Visage - Les Frangipaniers.


This was limited edition, I'm sorry about that, but this really was my favorite bronzer for this year so I had to mention it. I like the result obtained with the mix of different colors, the finish is really luminous, I adore the frangipani smell and I find the little brush good enough to use if I don't have a real brush with me. I'm glad I'm far from hitting pan on this one!

5. Illamasqua cream blush in Promise.

I was actually going to mention the powder blush in Lover as my most worn blush of the year, but it was in my 2009 favorites already, so I thought I'd change it to my other well loved Illamasqua blush.
I definitely think Illamasqua cream blushes are the best on the market. They are amazing in terms of pigmentation and blendability (I'd say they're fool proof), you can easily apply with fingers and they do last all day. Promise is a gorgeous warm candy pink that does work fabulously on warm skintone, which is exceptional enough to be mentioned. I've been wearing it lots since I got it and have to thank Jennie for the discovery of this great product.

No comments:

Post a Comment