Sunday, December 27, 2009

Best of 2009: Favorite Nail Polishes


The end of the year is near (well, I could even say it's here). So I'm having a look back at the beauty products I enjoyed the most this year, and I will be posting these until December 31st.
Let's begin with nail polishes. I never really was into these before this year. I would put on a nude pink on Sunday evenings and let my nails live their life for the rest of the week? But somehow, since last Winter, I got hooked on color and now don't mind changing my polish 3 times a week.

Let's go chronologically. Last February saw the release of the Hello Kitty for Mac collection, and I got my first Mac nail polish.


It's a very pretty, opaque grey. I am actually wearing it today, as I think it's very elegant and suits Winter quite well.

At the same time, everybody was loving Mac Peppermint Patty, from the same collection, but I instead got its Barry M dupe: Mint Green.

And I am happy I did, because Jade nail polishes are in this Winter and should be huge this Spring, so I am all settled.

A bit later in Spring, I fell in love with the infamous OPI Done Out in Deco.


I absolutely love this shade, I think it's a color you can wear all year round - it's one of the few I didn't put away in the box of "Summer colors" when Fall arrived.

Then came August and the Fall collections, and I got the Lancôme Gold nail polish from the Declaring Indigo collection.



I bet everybody was trying to get the Indigo one, but as much as I love blue polishes, I find them too hard to remove and always end up not wearing them. This one is as easy to remove as it is to put on, a real pleasure.

And then last but not least, although it's not a color issued this year, I got China Glaze Avalanche thanks to a lovely friend in Scotland.


This is one of the prettiest colors ever, with a metallic finish that I love.

Now of course, I have worn a lot of other stuff, from Sephora by OPI Metro Chic to China Glaze For Aubrey, OPI Pretty and Privileged or some amazing Illamasqua shades. But these are the one I feel I have worn the most this year.

What about your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment