Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Coco før Chanel// The Real Coco Chanel

I was probably the only one that hadn`t seen this film… before yesterday. I did want to go to the movies and see it.. but it was kinda hard getting my b-friend to choose this film over another..He`s not got the same passion for fashion as myself, so you can`t blame him. But now he`s out of town, and I descided to crawl up under a blanket and watch it on my own. Audrey Tatou is a real stunner. I mean.. She`s probably the most beautiful woman I`ve seen. I love how strong and independent she is. Even though it`s kinda hard to rely only on yourself in the start..

..lThen I stumbled over these real photos of Gabrielle Chanel. Smiling and playful in front of the camera. So adorable!

imageimage  image image image image  image image  image

Coco Chanel in the famous stairway where she usually sat, and where she had complete view of all of her creations. image image Coco and Douglas Kirkland

These photos are from the book "Mademoiselle, Summer '62". Douglas Kirkland, a young american photographer, spent the weeks of july (summer of '62), as Gabrielle Chanel prepared one of her collections. According to Karl's prologue in the book, it was one of her last influent collections, as fashion was doing a 180º turn and miniskirts (which she hated) were dominating the wardrobes of the women.

Wow! I`m blown away. I can almost feel how it was in those days by looking at these amazing photos! So inspiring!

Source: Missatlaplaya

No comments:

Post a Comment